Lone Star CASA
Serving Rockwall and Kaufman Counties
Lone Star CASA's Mission
Founded in 1992, Lone Star CASA — Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children — serves Rockwall and Kaufman Counties in Texas. We’re a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports volunteers who gather important information about abused and neglected children and offer recommendations to judges that help them decide what is in the best interests of each child. Lone Star CASA is part of larger CASA systems that operate statewide and nationwide.
CASA volunteers get to know the child and speak to everyone involved in the child’s life, including their family members, teachers, doctors, lawyers, social workers, and others.
The information they gather and their recommendations help the court make informed decisions. CASA volunteers commit to a child until the case is closed and the child is in a safe, permanent home. View our process campaign here.
- CASA volunteers help shorten the time a child spends in foster care.*
- Children with a CASA volunteer are less likely to re-enter the child welfare system once their case is closed.*
- CASA volunteers help children and their families receive the services they need.*
- CASA has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice as a model juvenile delinquency prevention program.
* Source: Study conducted by National CASA and U.S. Department of Justice Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Programs, 2006